Nike is no longer sponsoring Mason Greenwood – the Manchester United player on police bail after being questioned on suspicion of the rape and assault of a woman, as well as threats to kill.
The sportswear firm initially suspended its deal with Greenwood after his arrest last week, saying it was “deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations".
Nike then announced yesterday that “Mason Greenwood is no longer a Nike athlete".
LIVE UPDATES: Testing farce rocks Olympics ice hockey
READ MORE: Slater makes first big call on Maroons staff
Greater Manchester Police said last Wednesday that Greenwood was “released on bail pending further investigation".
United has said the 20-year-old England forward will not be playing nor practising with the club until further notice, while he's also been removed from the active squads in the FIFA 22 video game, Electronic Arts said.
Greenwood is contracted with United through 2025 but the club has distanced itself from him.
"Manchester United reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind," the club said.
"As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or play for, the club until further notice."
For a daily dose of the best of the breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here!