The All Blacks will not travel to Perth for the third Bledisloe Cup Test as COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc with the Rugby Championship calendar.
New Zealand - who have already retained the cup - were scheduled to fly to Western Australia this weekend to prepare for the August 28 clash with the Wallabies at Optus Stadium.
But coronavirus flare ups on both sides of the Tasman have thrown multiple spanners in the works as the remainder of the rugby season continues to be thrashed out by tournament organisers and national bodies.
Playing Rugby Championship games in Europe is now an option.
Highlights: Wallabies vs All Blacks 2st Test
"Without complete certainty on the team's next movements around the Rugby Championship we felt it was prudent for the team to stay put in New Zealand until SANZAAR have announced the full tournament schedule," New Zealand Rugby chief executive Mark Robinson said
"Once the team leaves our shores, they currently can't return until November 23 post their northern tour, so given the uncertainty, it makes sense to pause and get more clarity on these fixtures.
"We remain 100 per cent committed to playing in the entire Rugby Championship in 2021 and are working closely with SANZAAR to look at a range of options to reschedule these important matches."
READ MORE: Rugby Championship calendar in state of flux
READ MORE: Ex-Wallaby's warning for Giteau Law backfire
Big Brodie strikes for NZ
NZR also announced the All Blacks' two home Rugby Championship Tests against South Africa and the Black Ferns' two O'Reilly Cup Tests against the Wallaroos would not be played in New Zealand.
The decision follows advice from Government that the Springboks and Wallaroos would not be able to enter New Zealand to play the matches due to COVID travel restrictions.
Robinson said every effort had been made to keep the Tests in New Zealand.
Wallabies' 'boomerang' haka response
"We share the disappointment of our fans, players and other stakeholders, particularly those in Dunedin where the sold out 100th Test between the All Blacks and South Africa was shaping up as a very special occasion," Robinson said.
"However, after discussions with Government, it is clear that the COVID-19 travel restrictions meant there was no way of bringing the South African and Wallaroos squads into New Zealand and we understand the importance of putting the health and safety of New Zealanders first."